August 18, 2012

Long time no blogging


Hi friends, I am sorry I have been gone so long. I hit the ground running when I got back to Texas. I had technology training on Monday and Tuesday and then I went to set my classroom up on Wednesday. After working in my kindergarten room for a few hours, my principal dropped by with a look... Long story short, I am now a third grade teacher again :( We just didn't have enough kids and she didn't want me to get bumped from the building so she proactively switched me back up to third (were I've been the last 7 years) I am SO happy to be back with my team, I seriously love them, but I am bummed to not be a kindergarten teacher. I read and created so much this summer.... I am also a little bit panicked because instead of teaching math and science with an ELA partner, I will be self contained. Yep, that means I teach all subjects and 2 STAAR tests. Boo!
Is it weird that after my initial shock, I was most worried about the fact I had been pinning kinder stuff all summer and therefor did not have adequate pinning time for my third grade adventure?
Needless to say, I have been very busy preparing my new room and trying to get my head where it needs to be. Teacher inservice starts Monday. Yikes!

So, the real question, what should I call my blog? Should I leave it the same and just add a tag line about teaching third? Should I be Kickin it in Third? Should I do something not grade specific in case I get moved again??

My ex teaching partner was moved to second grade and she has a whole Peanuts theme going on this year. She asked me to design her a matching clip chart and how could I say no?? I thought it turned out cute enough to share. If you'd like a copy, I added it to Google Docs.  Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. I love the clip chart!! I have had Snoopy in my room for a long time. This year I have Snoopy with a zebra theme but if I change back I will def. use this. Thanks so much!

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck going back to 3rd grade! I'm sure you'll do great:)


    We are ALL Special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hard to get moved at this late date but at least you love your team! Since you got to stay in your school how about Thankful in Third? Just a thought, hmmm...Thoughtful in Third? Ha! Ha! Whatever you choose, good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete