August 6, 2012

Funnies

Smedley’s Smorgasboard of Kindergarten
I am hooking up with Greg over at Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten to share some of the funniest things kids have said to me. 

Now, I know we could all make a book with the things we've heard kids say or have seen them do, but I will spare you and just share my top 2 moments. 

When student teaching in a preschool class, we had a little boy from China. He spoke NO English and was very shy (rightfully so.) Everyday at recess time, he would try so hard to get outside and get one of the two cozy coupe cars that was available to play with. One day, he got the car and was happily driving around the playground. Well, one of our more challenging friends decided to take the car away from him. As we (the teachers) were headed over there to solve the problems, my little non-English speaker held up both middle fingers and yelled "f*%#*ers" as loud as he could. Oh.my.word. 

The next year, while student teaching first grade, on the very first day of school, we told the kids to line up for lunch. A little girl went to the coat closet and got her backpack, We realized she thought she was getting to go home like she did at lunch time for half day kindergarten. When we explained that "in first grade, we eat lunch here at school and then stay for more learning." She asked," well, who signed me up for this s*#t" anyway?"

Okay, so I hope I did not offend anyone with my stories. Clearly, I have taught some colorful friends! 

Tag, you're it! Head on over to Greg's blog and link up with your funnies.... If you don't have a blog, I'd love for you to leave me a comment with your funny story!!

No comments:

Post a Comment