August 1, 2015

Currently August

I can't help but link up with Farley even though I want to pretend it's not August yet!


Listening - my husband is always watching the golf channel.. I don't golf. Snore. 

Loving - we moved into the new home last September and the pool needed to be refinished and then it got cold. This summer it has a beautiful surface and crystal blue water and my family has been in it every day. I love that we can just hop in - swim and get back out. No packing bags, no packing food... it's glorious!

Thinking - I always need more time. I am an amazing procrastinator. I need more time to lose weight, clothes shop, create TpT resources, get my room ready.... you get the idea #whenwillIlearn

Wanting: I was asked to write 1st grade math curriculum for my district this summer. I am writing it with one other teacher and it has been the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I have loved the process so much but it is a TON of work. We are almost finished with the first half of the year though and then we'll take a break as it gets reviewed and revised! 

Needing:My sister-in-law is getting married and I still don't have a dress... or shoes.... or Spanx :) See, I procrastinate in all areas of my life, not just work! (um, I was waiting to lose 80 pounds but since I can't stop eating carbs I have enjoyed my summer, I guess I need to do the best I can with what I got (yes, I know that is not grammatically correct) sigh. 

B2S Rak: I am changing schools after 11 years. I am looking forward to my new adventure but I'm also so sad to leave behind my school family. Hopefully I can make a new family at this school.

Head on over to link up or read about what everyone else is currently doing! 






6 comments:

  1. I love having a pool! There is something so relaxing about it! Enjoy every moment that you can! If you find the magic secret for the gift of time, I'm going to need to borrow it because I need more time for all the same reasons that you listed above. Hey, if you can also tell me how to stop loving carbs that would be great because I HEART carbs and it's not helping the healthy eating over here!

    Enjoy what's left of summer!

    Rachel
    Mrs O Knows

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's wonderful you and a colleague are writing the math curriculum for your district. That sounds like an exciting challenge! Good luck at your new school! I'm sure you will make a new school home and family.

    Third Grade Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than a pool to beat this Texas heat. I live in Bulverde, and today it hit 102 degrees. What a task to write new math curriculum, especially with the TEKS change this past year. Hats off to you and your other partner for taking it on!! Enjoy your new school and new school year.

    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy that pool time. I always change the channel when the Mr. falls asleep. He doesn't watch golf, but he does watch those weird survivor shows. Good luck with the curriculum writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather, I enjoyed reading through your currently! Writing curriculum is such a big job! I have been on the ELA curriculum committee for a few years now and I love it, but it sure is time consuming. I wish you all the luck as you work towards finishing it! Enjoy the rest of your summer and your pool days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so in the same boat as you. #IwillNEVERlearn to put first things first. I need time for the same reasons you do - slim down a little, do my classroom, enjoy summer, read, you know .... lol.
    Congratulations on your new position and leaving your district. I am leaving my district too .. but I've only been there 2 years. I'm going from 3rd grade to 8th grade. YIKES! :)

    Best of luck!
    Jenn
    Take Me To Third Grade

    ReplyDelete