March 13, 2015

Money, Money, Money {and a freebie}

Whenever I start planing for a new unit, I collect all my resources in my 2 favorite places... my Evernote account and Pinterst board (Follow my money board below)

 
Using Evernote is so easy. You can drag or paste in pictures, and then add links. I always add links for blog posts I want to refer back to and links to games I've purchased or downloaded on TpT.  That way I can share my resources with my team {using their original sources} and also, next year when I start planning money again, I have all my resources in 1 spot!!!


Follow Heather K's board Show me the money on Pinterest.

It goes without saying that Pinterest is one of the most time consuming best resources available -  I can't imagine teaching without it now!

If you are lucky enough to have access to Pebble Go, they have lots of videos about money. I love their videos on saving, spending, earning and all those other social studies / personal finance skills we have to cover now too.
Pebble Go Money Section

I created this Roll and Say freebie to use during small group or even whole group. I've included several uses for the game board such as saying the coin name, coin value or even counting all the coins to get the total of each row. I've also included a blank copy so that you can use your own real or fake coins for hands on learning which is so important for this abstract skill.
Click the picture below to grab it from my Google drive account.



What unit would be complete without songs?? I love using songs for brain breaks, for introductions, reviews and transitions. Click below to get my whole money play list. 




What are your favorite ways to teach about money?? If you grab the freebie, I'd love to hear from you!!



1 comment: