Hi there! I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for this weeks Five for Friday. I am on spring break this week but I have to say, this year's break has not been the best. Sigh. maybe next year??
1. My baby boy had his tonsils and adenoids taken out this past Friday and had to have a one night stay in the hospital. He is doing much better during the day time but is still have a lot of pain at night. Needless to say, none of us are well rested this week. I am hopeful he'll be ready to go back to school on Monday so that I can go back to work/
2. We were going a little stir crazy being inside all week so we took a mini trip to Discover Dinosaurs, a traveling dinosaur exhibit. They were very real looking and it was cool to read about them and see how massive they really were!
3. I've had time to read this week and my love bug at school (secret pal near Valentine's Day) gave me this book to read. I am really enjoying it!! It has given me some interesting perspective on high functioning autism.
4. I have also had time to work on some products I am looking forward to using in my classroom after break. I made these triangle flash-cards to practice multiplication and division. My kids will take timed tests to prove mastery over each factor and I will chart their progress as a classroom display. More on that later...
I am also working on a Smart Board fraction number line game to use with my small group. It is self checking and I am having lots of fun creating smart files!
5. My husband and I are "trying" to follow Dave Ramsey's financial teachings (does that make it sound like a cult?) So this means no more new cars. Along with no new cars, means having to fix older cars as things go wrong. Something I have never had to do before as I have always leased or gotten bored with cars before they broke :) This week though, I took my car to the shop for what I new was a transmission problem. Yup, I needed a whole new transmission. Awesome.
What did you do this week? I'd love to hear or read about it!