November 3, 2013

Currently November

Hello Bloggy World! I have totally dropped off the face of the map.. sorry about that. I have been really busy changing to a new grade level (moved to first after 9 years in third) and the year started off with its usual crazy pace. But then, the worst phone call I have ever received happened 3 weeks into the year and everything went into a kind of tailspin. My mom called me one Friday afternoon. Her voice cracking, my anxiety level raising and she said, "Heather, I have cancer." We found out the following Friday that is was really bad - Stage IVB Vaginal Cancer.

I could post a whole book on the emotions I felt that day and every day since with the ups and downs that occur when a loved one is going through cancer treatment. I also live far away from her (I am in Texas, she is in Ohio) but I am really not sure if that is better or worse. Sometimes I feel like I am in a protective bubble, other times I feel like I couldn't possibly be further away. Any way, I figured I needed to rejoin the land of the living and try my best to live my life assuming she will get better (easier said than done!!)

Okay, sorry for the drama. Onto my November Currently hosted by the wonderful Farley.

Listening - I love country music. It makes me happy
Loving - today the high was in the 70's. Yay!!!
Thinking - my teacher bag is staring at me....
Wanting - I need to get November math stations ready to go before it is December!
Needing - this really is my thinking and wanting also... I love my mom and can't imagine not calling her to tell her the little random things about my day. Can't imagine her not seeing my kids grow. 

Yummy Pin. I have made this carmel apple dip several times. It.Is.AMAZING. Like, lick the bowl with no shame good. Click the picture above to get the recipe from Event Trender

5 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your mother. My prayers are with her. I had a stack of papers to grade earlier, now grades that need to be finished. Yuck! I have delayed long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your mom! I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts! I had a stack of papers that I brought home, then didn't touch all weekend. I'm not touching them now!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. Let's join together in NOT grading. Ha!

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom! I will keep her in my prayers. I can't imagine how scary that would be. I can understand how that worry would take priority over everything and anything else!!
    Lisen
    Second Grade Smartypants

    ReplyDelete